Election time in The State, the citizens prepare to vote. A journalist from the Capital City heads north to report on growing resistance to the powerful ruling Party. An ex-police detective returns to the City he once fled. Together they become entangled in a burgeoning opposition movement. Soon they learn the Party will do whatever it takes to remain in power, and one life is all it takes to spark a revolution.
The follow-up to ‘A Justified State’ continues the stories of Danny Samson, Phillips and the assassin Gabriella as they are drawn further into the murky world of corruption and power.
STATE OF DENIAL – Available now in Paperback and on Amazon Kindle, and FREE with Kindle Unlimited:
A JUSTIFIED STATE – PART ONE OF ‘THE STATE’ TRILOGY
The future. The socially reformist Central Alliance Party rules unopposed.
Poverty and homelessness have been eradicated, but overpopulation, an energy crisis and an ongoing war jeopardise the stability of the country.
When a local politician is assassinated, Detective Danny Samson finds himself at the centre of an investigation that threatens not only his life, but the entire future of The State.
‘A Justified State’ is the explosive first book in ‘The State’ trilogy and introduces Detective Danny Samson, hired assassin Gabriella and the mysterious Agent Phillips.
A JUSTIFIED STATE – Available now in Paperback and on Amazon Kindle, and FREE with Kindle Unlimited:
Praise for ‘A JUSTIFIED STATE’ from reader reviews:
– ‘The narrative reminds the reader of Ray Bradbury, Philip K Dick and Ian Rankin. Well planned and realistic future technologies coupled with gritty Police characters.’
– ‘a compelling yet disturbing picture of the future…an action packed murder mystery. A great read from start to finish!’
– ‘a riveting read and difficult to put down. I sincerely enjoyed the characters…The story takes place in the future and has a powerful message to heed in the end.’
– ‘the imagery in this book in immense’
– ‘The descriptions of this future world are so well done that I could actually picture it…The action, characters and storyline had me hooked.’
– ‘a compelling read, suggesting a possible dystopian future through the lens of detective/thriller narrative. At various times the writing brought to mind Phillip Marlow, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, the world of George Smiley, and Robert Harris’ Fatherland; at the same time the story is completely unique’
– ‘a classic thriller with many twists and turns to keep readers guessing. It has a slight James Patterson feel…The tension is built perfectly.’
– ‘An action packed, fast paced thriller which pumps you up with adrenaline till you reach the last page’
COMING IN 2020 – STATE OF WAR
The finale to THE STATE triology.
COLLECTED SKETCHES is a series of short stories and flash fiction exploring human nature and the world that we inhabit. Sometimes funny, sometimes scary, from the everyday to the imagined future, exploring locations across the globe, these stories reflect the globalised society we live in today, the recent history that has led us here and the future we may have already created.